Certification Program in NDT-Basic Level
This course offers basic knowledge of the popular Non Destructive Testing methods such as Visual Testing (VT), Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) and Ultrasonic Testing (UT) which are widely used in manufacturing industry for weld quality inspection. The trainees go through fundamentals of non-destructive testing methods which enable them to perform testing of production components. Hands-on sessions on modern testing machines and equipment, using standard consumables make the trainees competent for machine calibration, operation and defect identification.
- Introduction to Defect and Discontinuities
- Codes, Standards, Procedures and Safety in Testing
- Visual Weld testing practices; Fiber Optics, Bore Scopes
- Liquid Penetrant Testing; Methods and types of liquid penetration; Testing samples using various liquid / dye penetration methods
- Magnetic Particle Testing; Test Equipment and accessories; Magnetization & Demagnetization; Testing methods
- Ultrasonic Testing; Types of Probes; Test Equipment and accessories; Machine calibration and operation.
- Identifying various weld defects and discontinuities
- Familiarity with codes and standards related to inspection requirements
- Carrying out inspection on parent materials and consumables using VT, MT, PT and UT processes.
Regular : Mon – Fri (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Part Time : Mon – Fri (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
Weekend : Sat – Sun (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)