Welder Training Program
The objective of this training program is to enhance the skill of welder and develop their hands-on competency in arc welding processes, enabling them to meet the industrial requirement. The training program includes imparting of complete know-how on welding with SMAW, GMAW & GTAW processes, setting-up process parameters, conducting quality checks on output product, rectifying & preventing welding defects and maintaining a safe & healthy working environment on the shop floor.
- Safety in welding & Thermal cutting
- Introduction & classification of welding process
- Power source of SMAW, GMAW & GTAW processes
- Electrode coatings & AWS designation of filler metal / electrodes
- Shielding Gases & their effect on weld bead profile.
- Process and equipment problems, care & use of equipment
- Good Welding Practices
- Preheat, Interpass & PWHT & their significance
- Defects in weldments – Cause & Remedies
- Weld Joint, Positions, Type of weld
- Introduction to Welding Procedure Specification
- Hands-on session of preparing base material & Joint groove for welding
- Hands-on session of SMAW on Carbon Steel (CS) Plates, in all positions
- Hands-on session of GMAW on CS & SS Plate/Pipe
- Hands-on session of GTAW on CS, SS Plate/Pipe
- Set-up SMAW, GMAW & GTAW machines and select consumables & parameters appropriately.
- Prepare welding samples by gas cutting and beveling.
- Weld Carbon Steel Plates & Pipes by SMAW, GMAW & GTAW Process
- Weld Stainless Steel Plates & Pipes by SMAW, GMAW & GTAW Process
Regular : Mon – Fri (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Part Time : Mon – Fri (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
Weekend : Sat – Sun (9:00 am – 5:00 pm)